Friday 14 December 2012

Are chickens really related to dinosaurs?

I've heard that chickens are related to dinosaurs but I don't really understand how that is possible! They look COMPLETELY different! First of all, chickens have feathers and have beaks and also, chickens are much smaller! I have done some research on why scientists believe that they are related and here is what I've found:





Scientists believe that birds evolve from dinosaurs because of the architecture of the bones. Also, extracts of  T. rex's bones reacted with antibodies to chicken collagen which is a further suggesting the presence of birdlike protein in dinosaur bones.



Scientists still don't know if this theory is correct as it is very difficult to discover.  Dinosaurs, as you all know, are extinct which means that scientists can't do any tests on them to see if they are correct.


 I think that it may be possible for this to be true but it must have happened over billions of years. As we evolved from monkeys, chickens could have evolved from dinosaurs. If you look at the picture above, you can see how dinosaurs began to look like chickens. Although it is a bit odd for it to shrink in size, you can see the resemblance between the pictures.


Please comment on this post and put any questions that you would like me to answer on the special page that I made! (Look at the top of the main page and click on the tab that says 'questions that you want me to answer')

Thank you and see you next week!

2 comments:

  1. that's really interesting! I find it quite frustrating that there is no way to really know, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating stuff, isn't it?

    But this is definitely something NOT to think about when sitting down to Saturday dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete